[Homeroast] thermometer with realtime output

kevin creason ckevinj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 09:41:58 CDT 2011

I've got a couple of devices that do this.
One is a cheapie DMM with an optical RS232 port ~65$$, TekPower
Dt9602R. Came with K-type probe and usual DMM probes for volts, amps,
etc.
One was uber cheapie dual thermo USB device from fleabay, shipped
straight from China, $25. It has both an environmental temp and a
K-type connector.

I've been playing with the Typica program by Neal Wilson, but it
requires one of two expensive-ish devices by National Instruments and
so I haven't made that leap to really using that tool.

I am interested in the other tool that is using the opensource device,
but haven't made that leap either.

For one, I'm back to just using the B16k with this dang aggravated
tennis elbow keeping me from all my fun hobbies. I don't feel like
grabbing a 600 F drum out of the BBQ and dropping it because my arm
won't work right...

-Kevin
/*“ I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not
know what can't be done. ” -- Henry Ford  */