[Homeroast] Travel Question

Michael Wascher wascher at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 17:51:58 CDT 2011

Elliott,

Congratulations! Jean & I are celebrating our 25th in May.

Italy's import regulations are arcane. The most extensive list I've found is
on the USPS site: http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/il_008.htm. It says coffee is
not allowed. That said, Italy tends to be flexible in interpretation of
regulations. I asked an Italian officer about speed limits, his explanation
was that they were "suggestions".

Entering Italy several years ago neither our bags nor our passports were
checked, rolled our cart through a long hallway while holding passports up.

I'd take the coffee, don't hide it, if asked tell the officer what it is,
why it is special, who it is for.

Enjoy your trip. Italy is a lot of fun!

--MikeW

*"If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast
enough." --Mario
Andretti* <http://quotes4all.net/johann%20wolfgang%20von%20goethe.html>