[Homeroast] Grind adjustment for stepped grinder

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Wed Mar 23 17:30:36 CDT 2011

At 10:57 AM 3/23/2011, you wrote:
>I understand that
>the grinder needs to be on when doing the adjustment
>  but my husband disagrees. What to do? Your advice is greatly
>appreciated.

If the burrs are full of coffee and you adjust the grinder more than
a tiny amount finer it's possible to jam the grinder so the motor
can't turn it.  I tend to always adjust with the grinder off, but I
adjust really small amounts and I have a fairly powerful grinder.

The proper and safest answer, is always have the motor running when
adjusting a grinder finer.

Ira