[Homeroast] Dead Mazzer SJ

Jim Gundlach pecanjim at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 23 09:20:11 CDT 2011

My old grinder has both a timer switch and a manual bypass of the timer switch.  I always use the manual switch.  I put a funnel on the coffee holder put it under the ground coffee discharge spout and then turn it on and silently say "one thousand and one, one thousand and two, one thousand and three" and turn the switch off.  That produces a generous double shot with mine.  You would have to make a few trial runs to get your time right for what you want.  If I were in your shoes and went ahead and paid the $81 for the switch I would be reminded of being ripped off every time I used it and I would find that reminder took a little away from the pleasure I get from making and drinking great coffee.
   pecan jim