[Homeroast] Dead Mazzer SJ

Robert Yoder robotyonder at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 23 01:51:30 CDT 2011

Hi Justin,

It's a little tough to commiserate with a Super Jolly and Brewtus person, but I will if need-be(!)  As a conservative medicine sort of person, I would argue in favor of biting the bullet and installing the Factory Replacement Part, if for no other reason than the fact that this approach preserves the resale value (and the known reliability) of this workhorse, even if the Upgrade Bug were to attack. Another aproach might be to see if there is a simple Off/On Switch from Mazzer or after-market (of equivalent service capacity) which mounts in the original hole.  I'd hate to see you punching holes in this old beast if you didn't have to.  But that's just me.  Not to mention that the thought of hauling that Fireplug around to electrical suppliers makes my back hurt to think about.

Happy Roasting,

robert yoder