[Homeroast] Blue plastic on thermometer melts

Joseph Robertson theotherjo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:45:25 CDT 2011

RayO,
As a former wedding student and "Certified College degreed Welder" for what
ever that is, I can fully enjoy your synopsis / post. I just lost a tip and
had to do exactly what you described. Reads just fine now.
JoeR
PS. all truth be known public.......my only issue came when tech support,
suggested I hammer out the probe from the face of my Probat. Being a former
welding student I became very good with a big hammer. So good that I ruined
/ bent the tip of the probe.
My pilot friend came by who has way better eyes than me and said do you have
a pair of pliers? He then proceeded to unscrew the probe from the face of
the roaster. From that point on the repair of the "spare" 1/2" of the tip
was a simple procedure.
Brings back memories of the Monkey and the typewriter or chewing threw the
leather straps in the morning being worth it or not.n
JoeR
<];^0