[Homeroast] Behmor P1-P2

Greg Hammond greg.hammond at mac.com
Mon Mar 14 12:24:32 CDT 2011

Funny, because Greg and I have independently come to the same conclusion: different profiles for different folks; that is the beauty of this hobby—we get to make our own coffee.

I vacillate between my favorite profiles. This weekend, for example, I did several batches of Ethiopian Sidamo Bonko. Wonderful stuff.  P2B did extremely well with this batch, both in 80z and 1 pound batches, so long as I took advantage of the power drop curve and added time right after the power drop.

The Bonko also did well at P3C, but some of the berry flavors did not come out as strongly. Granted, it’s early to tell, and I may get some different outcomes over the next few days.

Conversely, I had a flight of several different Salvadorans and Panamanians that all did very well on P4C.

To each their own!

Greg