[Homeroast] Ruminations on the QM3 and testing results

Frank Parth frank at fparth.com
Mon Mar 14 10:06:26 CDT 2011

Hank,
Thanks for the thoughts. Right now both are measuring BT, so it's not the difference between BT and
ET. I think others are correct in that the difference is in how the two probes are reacting. Since
I'm now logging temps I'll just remove the dial thermometer and rely on the thermocouple plugged
into the Omega.

The next step is to link the Omega with the Artisan software and log the temperatures with the
computer. That should be a lot easier than reading the temps every 30 seconds, entering the data
into Excel and then creating a graph!

Frank