[Homeroast] Puzzled by Quest

Robert Bedwell rlb at triad.rr.com
Sun Mar 13 15:19:49 CDT 2011

Thanks Ricky.....I just ran a boiling water test and confirmed that the BT probe records 180F at boiling and the ET probe 212.  32 degrees diff is pretty significant.  I double checked using my FLuke and the temperatures came out the same as the Omega.   If the temperature increases linearly adding 32 degrees to the roast it still will not be a normal 1C range.  Per Hanks suggestion I am going to make sure the heat elements are functioning.

If you think of anything else please post.

Thanks,

Bob