[Homeroast] (no subject)

Raymond Hays raymond_hays at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 12:51:31 CDT 2011

Very well put!

________________________________
From: John M. Howison <johnmhowison at gmail.com>
To: Homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
Sent: Sun, March 13, 2011 10:39:54 AM
Subject: [Homeroast] (no subject)

So what's new?

Eighty years ago, my mother brought home Folgers, undoubtedly worth
the extra pennies because the label reported (one expected honestely,
in those days) that "It's Mountain Grown."  This was back when I wore
Buster Brown shoes out of respect for the label showing his haircut,
and when little boys deemed too young for percolated coffee thought
Ovaline tasted best out of a plastic shaker adorned with a cartoon of
Little Orphan Annie, who had endorsed the product, according to the
label.

--
Contra muros, mater rubicolla