[Homeroast] Behmor P1-P2

Bob Hazen peatmonster at comcast.net
Sun Mar 13 11:34:34 CDT 2011

I use P2 almost exclusively.  I run 335 g of beans on P2-1lb either B or C
depending on the results.  If by using C, I hit 1st hard and there's little
gap between 1st and 2nd, I use B next time.  If I hit 1st too lightly or 1st
occurs too far into P2's reduced power phase, I'll use C the next time.  I
don't open the door during the roast as others do, unless things start to
run away from me.  Right after hitting cool, I do open the door, remove the
chaff collector and start fanning the drum to cool the beans rapidly.

This approach covers my tastes, but I prefer beans that work well at FC to
FC++.  If you're targeting lighter roasts, something else may work better.
I also have one of the earliest Behmors.  It may run differently than yours
due to age or design changes in newer Behmors.

Bob