[Homeroast] Blue plastic on thermometer melts

Dean dean_schaffran at wildblue.net
Sat Mar 12 17:48:41 CST 2011

While I don't >personally< have any concerns with PTFE (Teflon) family
at roasting temps (some have expressed these in the past), I would
probably stay with the Glass/Glass wires.  If size is not a problem
and stiffness is an advantage, get a probe with a stainless sheath.
then no insulation in the beans.  Maybe a little less responsive, but
repeatable.  Google found me some in the past.  Omega can be kinda
high-end......

Dean
In da weeds.  (and the mud......)