[Homeroast] Blue plastic on thermometer melts

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 14:58:08 CST 2011

Ken,

Thanks for your response. You are correct, and you have answered my questions.

I wasn't sure how to use the thermometer and it sat for a couple
years. Recently I asked a guy with some engineering background for
assistance and he described what I had and how I should use it. His
only error was mistaking the blue plastic for insulation, which he
then assumed would be ok in the beans while they were roasting.

Before I roast next time I will carefully remove the remainder of the
blue material.

Tom, safe travels to and from Guatemala.

Brian