[Homeroast] [homeroast]Specialty coffee ultra fancy packaging trend

g paris p pchforever at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 13:36:05 CST 2011

Hi Ed:

Totally agree with you though it is not simply the top specialty roasters;
every coffee company is
using packaging to attract business. The mass coffee makers are refining
(used loosely)
their packaging to attract more business.

Frankly for the majority of sellers it does make a difference; packaging
sells regardless
of what is inside. Sad but true. Just like some people must go the Neiman
Marcus because they
would not be seen buying something from Walmart! Same product but they
choose to pay 800%
more. Dumb, yes but that is what we have created in this society.

I buy stuff all of the time because I love he packaging. My excuse is my
MFA; I love art and the
entire creative focus that goes into design.

Been watching the same thing you have for months and always check the coffee
isle for the newest, greatest and best tasting brew!!

Wine labels is another "thing gone wild" over the last many years. Remember
shoe boxes?
I was in Big 5 several weeks ago and really enjoyed looking at the very cool
boxes
that stored your new shoes.

Thanks for the post, good to think about these things for what they actually
are...

love ya,

ginny