[Homeroast] Blue plastic on thermometer melts

Coffee coffee at onlykenssite.com
Sat Mar 12 11:01:21 CST 2011

Tom, I think the thing he is talking about is the end of the TC that
came with the electronic thermometer you sold 2-3 years ago.  I also
ruined a couple of roasts by not knowing to remove it before use, and
think I even said something on the list about it.  It was a blue plastic
(?) sleeve that was not heat resistant to the temps we roast at.  New
TC's purchased from Omega did not have it.  I have not purchased another
thermometer, because the one I originally bought still works fine, so I
do not know if that is still the case or not.

The original Thermometer I bought through SM was a CircuitSolutions.com
K-Type MS6500.

Hope that clears up the confusion. :)

Best Regards,
Ken B