[Homeroast] Behmor Super-Duper Cleaning

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 10:54:11 CST 2011

Everyone should know about the Behmor cleaning you do every five cycles on
the inside.

Most people know about the super cleaning/check about every 40 roasts where
you pull off the right side panel and look for chaff (
http://yfrog.com/h7r3dwjj) and lint (http://yfrog.com/h3f7tlqj,
http://yfrog.com/hsbt2ownj) around the fan and circuit board.
http://www.behmor.com/manual.html

This weekend while doing the super clean, I pulled the cover off the back
over the long fan and was amazed with all the coffee oil gunk on the
blades.  See this picture:  http://yfrog.com/f/h02zoerj/.

Might want to check this for a super-duper clean.  Keep in mind, mine is a
refurb Behmor from 2007 and I've put over 200 roasts on it in the two years
I've run it, with the door open at times which may affect this, but it still
might be something you want to look into.  It took a while, but my Behmor is
back to spic and span.

-Chris