[Homeroast] Uganda Coffee

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Thu Mar 3 19:47:50 CST 2011

True on all counts Brian. If you look up the Uganda trip in my
travelogues you can see the effort we made there, which up until now
has not panned out. I would love to get something effective going in
Uganda. It's no Kenya or Ethiopia; it's a body coffee, really
balanced, great espresso potential. But to get reliable, well-picked
and well-processed coffee from Uganda has been a problem. We have
been working on Mbale-Bududa area coffees, and Paida. But no samples
have passed the bar so far. We have a great group of farmers there,
and a great, passionate guy in Kampala who wants to see this work. I
think it will - fingers crossed, maybe next crop...

Tom

>Coffee is a crop.  If you look at Tom's offerings you'll notice that
>there are plenty of origins that he currently doesn't have.  He
>doesn't have a Kenya, a Nicaragua, a Honduras, no Kona coffee, no
>Mexico coffee.  Does this mean that they don't produce quality
>coffee?  Absolutely not.  Kenya coffee is often touted as some of
>the best in the world.  Are they hard to find?  Not at all.  They
>just aren't here yet (literally, as in not arrived in the States
>yet).
>Tom has carried tons of Ugandan coffees before.  He will inevitably
>offer some again.
>-bry

>Bryan Wray
>
>Compass Coffee
>
>360.831.1480
>
>Bryan at CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
>

>It is my hope that people realize that coffee is more than just a
>caffeine delivery service, it can be a culinary art- Chris Owens

-Tom