[Homeroast] Thermal fuse for Alpenrost

mike at mjv.com mike at mjv.com
Wed Jun 22 15:08:38 CDT 2011

Thanks! I only saw the one pic with the A and B pointing to the
overlimit and the fuse, but I think I get the idea. Can the sleeve be
removed and put over the replacement Radio-shack fuse? I ordered four
fuses just to have spares and in case my other Alp does the same thing.
These things are 11 years old and still going strong, except for that
fuse issue.

Be well,
 Mike

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:18:05 -0400, Craig
Andrews wrote:

> Cut the old thermal fuse right at the terminus of the
old connections. The
> new thermal fuse will come with a 2 crimping
ferrules. Don't cut the thermal
> fuse's sleeve..
> Slide the "snake
skin" feel to it sleeve down off of the old connections.
> When the new
fuse is in, just side it back up. I have pics on different
> threads on
the 2 links I provided that show this & lots of other stuff.

Regards,