[Homeroast] Why I Homeroast

Terry Stockdale terry at terrystockdale.com
Sun Jun 19 15:42:31 CDT 2011

As long as the confessions are going on, I've got to confess also.
We're going through kitchen remodelling and I disconnected my Vivaldi II
last Sunday and haven't made drip or vacuum since then.  One day, I
stopped on the way to work and got a cup of Community Coffee, which was
too hot to drink.  Coffee last week was Mellow Joy at work.  It's a far
cry from my normal two 16-oz thermos of fresh homeroast that I take to
work.  At least I dilute it with some hot water.

Last night, I couldn't stand it any longer. I dug out my old Rancilio
Silvia - I knew there was a reason I hadn't tried to sell it yet.  Since
Silvia has a reservoir (the Vivaldi II is direct-piped to the water
source), I can use it - and have...

One double Americano last night using something that got into jars but
not marked - I think it was Panama Finca la Camiseta.  Then, two double
Americano's of the same today plus a double espresso of the same.

Silvia still knows what she's doing!

I roasted a pound of Brazil Joao de Campos Yellow Catuai today for some
variety.  I can't wait for the remodelling job to be complete, but
that's about 5 more weeks.

Terry Stockdale