[Homeroast] Why I Homeroast

Sandy Andina sandraandina at mac.com
Sun Jun 19 14:52:36 CDT 2011

Drunken Donuts---bleccch!!!  I'm lucky enough to have Metropolis in my neighborhood, closer than even said donutmongers.  Sometimes if I have to be in the Loop I bring home a half-pounder of Intelligentsia's latest.    I wish more Chi-area homeroasters would have stalls at some of the farmers' markets I play--and since my singing partner drinks NOTHING but coffee, EVER (for him, water is for bathing, brushing teeth & brewing coffee), he would be ecstatic to have fresh homeroasted brewed coffee available to refill his trusty travel mug between sets!
On Jun 19, 2011, at 1:18 PM, Lynne wrote:

> I like to check out our local Chowhound board - several members have
> recommended a few places close to me (one is a new little place George
> Howell opened up). All roast themselves - and I'm anxious to try their brews
> (when I can afford the risk, both to my pocket & stomach, lol) Hopefully I
> won't be reporting back the same!

Peace & song,
Sandy
www.sandyandina.com