[Homeroast] Why I Homeroast

Sandy Andina sandraandina at mac.com
Sun Jun 19 14:46:35 CDT 2011

Bless me, Tom & Maria, for I too have sinned--IOTW, taken more than just a few weeks off from roasting. Expediency has led me to frequent my local artisanal roasteries for ready-to-grind beans (and I've been using the "My-K-Cup" ground coffee holder in my Breville as well as my espresso machine & Technivorm).  I've been on the road too often and too long, plus spending insane amounts of time pursuing gigs (contact me offlist for the Andina & Rich tour schedule--we self-professed "caffeinds" may be in your area and would love to do a house concert or play your coffeehouses);  scarcely time to kick back, eat & drink, or do anything that can't be multitasked while on the computer.  (And I can personally attest that instances of roasting to "third crack" are directly proportional to the number of roasts in progress while answering e-mails). Mea culpa, mea maxim culpa (are Jews allowed to say that? We have our own brand of guilt, of course).
On Jun 19, 2011, at 12:16 PM, Bob Hazen wrote:

> A confession:  I haven't been roasting for the last few weeks.  Due to the intensity of home and work responsibilities I just didn't take the time.  That, and a perceived notion of "sameness" in my roasts caused me to check out other beans.  It was a disaster.

Peace & song,
Sandy
www.sandyandina.com