[Homeroast] OT!!!!!! just wanted to pop out of lurk for a sec

Lynne lynnebiz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 13:48:56 CDT 2011

Oh, Dennis - that's so wonderful to hear!!! I'm so happy for you!

My son decided to make the painful decision to go along w/the request of his
ex-girlfriend, and sign the adoption forms so his son (now 2 1/2) can be
adopted by her new husband. That won't happen until his (the new step-dad)
tour is up in Afghanistan. Very, very painful decision, but he decided it
was in his son's best interest. They are half way across the country, will
live other places, and he can only get the benefits the military offers if
he's adopted. We only hope (and pray) that some day he'll find out & come to
find my son (and this grandma who loves him so, so, so much). And of course,
I keep praying for him - and his step-dad who is fighting over there.

In contrast is the situation w/the little boy (son of my *other *son's
girlfriend); I see the pain that the 4 yr old is going through because of a
very selfish man (we found out he has 5 drug convictions, btw - and other
things that might actually be worse - who is basically using his 4 yr old
child as a pawn. That boy has had 8 months of hell - no child should go
through that. (Until the court actually HEARS the case, mom only gets the
boy weekends. I hate family court, btw. Ugh. Last wkend, they - my son, his
girlfriend, the mom, & my daughter - all took him to the Aquarium. My son
showed him the sharks, to which the little boy remarked that they were sad.
Why? he was asked. "Because he wants to go home, but they won't let him.."
And this is why my stomach is like acid almost all the time now.)

So, this long email (typical rambling for me, huh?) will conclude with: a
wish to a good man, one of our own veterans here on SM: a very Happy first
Father's Day for you!!!

The world needs more good fathers!

take care -

Lynne
(SM's will *always* be a home for me, too)