[Homeroast] Why I Homeroast

Lynne lynnebiz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 13:18:33 CDT 2011

I like to check out our local Chowhound board - several members have
recommended a few places close to me (one is a new little place George
Howell opened up). All roast themselves - and I'm anxious to try their brews
(when I can afford the risk, both to my pocket & stomach, lol) Hopefully I
won't be reporting back the same!

I figure you're referring to DD's. They originally came from my neck of the
woods, here in MA - they are just plain AWFUL now. I cannot understand how
anyone can drink their swill - but I guess, what w/the advertising (they
play the New England bit strong - even though they are owned by a foreign
company (at least I *think* they are). I also think many here may not like
the *$ burnt coffee, and with all the milk/cream & sugar they add, they just
can't tell the difference.

That, in addition to the fact - most people simply have never tasted beans
like we roast ourselves. They just don't know!

Lynne