[Homeroast] 4th of July Coffee & Q party

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Sat Jun 18 19:30:18 CDT 2011

FWIW roasting demonstrations will have nothing to do with professional
roasting but pure roots home roasting. Plan on demonstrating roasting with
my 14 gauge carbon steel dedicated roasting wok (using high power propane
camp stove), heatgun dogbowl, possibly probably fry pan no stir chef toss
only, Androk roasting (thanks again Pecan Jim!), moving on to modern days
I-Roar 1, my home roasting foundation Frankenformer controlled split wired
Rosto, Behmor and CCR HotTop, rats no Quest (yet:)

Bry will probably do some of the roasting demonstrations and along with one
of our ace barista or two demonstrationg various coffee brewing methods like
Beehouse, Hario V60, Clever and Chemex pour over methods, maybe even break
out my chorreador:), Aeropress regular and inverted, vac pot, press pot of
course and doing various coffee tastings.

And Bry will be manning the vegetarian grill while I'm tradional where's the
smoked meats! Oh and that's after sampling some my smoke cheeses appetizers,
fresh veggie trays yada yada yada lots of other stuff too of course. And
Katie is organizing a pie bake off competition, and I might make a Mocha
Torte for part of the desserts if I find the time, maybe even a pineapple
macadamia nut up-side-down coconut rum cake. Boring where's McDonalds... :)

All this chaos with a couple of our Baristas different bands jammin'.

But at 7pm it'll get serious: Latte Art Throwdown Time!

You won't miss much, just twelve hours straight of insanity Compass Coffee
style:) There's only one thing more dangerous than my warped mind, Bry and I
brainstorming!

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/