[Homeroast] This weekend's roasts

Justin Schwarz houstini at comcast.net
Sun Jun 12 18:37:45 CDT 2011

This weekend I roasted a couple of batches in the HotTop that turned out very nice, and being backed up on roasting I decided to do a couple of batches on the Weber/Drum that hasn't hot much use lately because I have been trying to learn the ins and outs of the hottop.  I really miss the manual control, even with the unpredictability of the solid drum.  I felt like I was going back to an old friend and got really nostalgic about the whole experience.  I went kind of crazy and roasted more than I can use in 1.5 weeks and will probably be freezing some for emergency backup.

On a different note, I have pork ribs and a beef brisket smoking right now and it looks like it will be another couple of hours before that is done, was trying for dinner but got distracted by yardwork and my little one trying to "help" me mow the lawn and plant some annuals.

happy roasting to all

-Justin