[Homeroast] Old-School Coffee Roasting

Sandra Andina sandraandina at mac.com
Sat Jun 11 21:21:33 CDT 2011

One of my neighbors owns an Ethiopian restaurant around the corner, where roasting coffee tableside in an earthenware pan over a charcoal fire is both a ceremony and a fine after-dinner custom.  At our annual block party, he roasts for the brunch buffet out in the street (which is closed to all but foot or bicycle traffic for the day).  He uses Sidamo greens---I know because I've been at Metropolis when he was ordering.