[Homeroast] Old-School Coffee Roasting

Jim Gundlach pecanjim at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 11 18:55:25 CDT 2011

David,
    I have roasted over many wood fires.  Some of them were in a wood burning heater with the beans in a wok.  Others were in a good size frying pan over a fire at a camp ground.  And still others were in a open mesh camp ground popcorn popper over a pecan wood fire.  A good many years ago I actually won a coffee roasting contest where about a third of the beans were pecan fire roasted.  Roasting over a fie at a camp ground has attracted a good number of visitors drawn by their noses.  In fact my pecan fire roasting gave me my list nick name and I made the email address to match the list given nick name.
      pecan jim