[Homeroast] Just bought a Swissmar Alpenrost

Starfinder Stanley coffee at starf.org
Sat Jun 4 12:55:16 CDT 2011

ditto; I roast on 15 and force the cool when at the appropriate point, which
varies with bean variety.  Generally takes a few test roasts to figure out
where that point is.  Overloading the alpenrost will give you an uneven
roast; generally no more than 1 cup per load.

I find the weak link is the thermal cutoff switch; I've had 3 or 4
alpenrosts, and when they die that was always the cause.  No problems since
I learned how to replace it.

..Starfinder