[Homeroast] changing temperature on Behmor 1600

Gregg Talton gregg.talton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 22:14:18 CDT 2011

Pecan Jim,

I don't use my Behmor at all during the summer.  During the summer I just
can't achieve temperatures needed for a decent roast.  I clean after each
roast but the issue remains.  So,until fall I use the Gene Cafe.   I'm from
Alabama so I understand the heat which may also be your problem.  If I take
the Behmor inside then there's no problem.  Charlotte isnt much cooler than
south Alabama ... Typed on the beach in Gulf Shores.

Gregg

On Tuesday, July 26, 2011, J.W.Bullfrog <j.w.bullfrog at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have mine on a variac, and check to make sure that the lines are'nt
> drooping. I also do a 2 minute pre-heat.
>
> Got 18 months & 80 - 90 roasts on it.
>
> Have you been cleaning it every 5 roasts? Is the chaff gaurd still shinny?
> (aka reflective?)
>
> Ben
>
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Jim Gundlach <pecanjim at bellsouth.net
>wrote:
>
>> I know I should be able to find this out somehow but after spending a lot
>> of time looking and finding nothing I am asking for help.  If anyone
knows
>> how to raise the roasting temperature in the Behmor 1600, please let me
know
>> how.  Mine has gradually gone down over time and the quality of the
roast's
>> taste has gone down hill.  If you know how, please email me directly at
>> pecanjim(at-symbol)bellsouth.net
>>

> --
> I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
> Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
> I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
> All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

They say such nice things about people at their funerals that it makes me
sad to realize that I'm going to miss mine by just a few days. - Garrison
Keillor