[Homeroast] Coffee Shrub care

Phil Bergman phil.bergman at junglemusic.net
Mon Jul 25 12:39:38 CDT 2011

Hi KC,
I have A nursery in Encinitas, CA and grow palms/cycads and other tropicals.
One of the things I've grown for years are coffee plants.  In my locality,
coffee trees like filtered light, not full sun.  They take temperatures into
the low 30's.  It takes me about 5 to 7 years to take a seedling to a
fruiting plant.  I'd estimate each 15g plant I have is about 7 feet tall and
carries about 400 red cherry colored fruit/seeds.  When in blossom, the
flowers are white.  The foliage is a glossy green and some have used coffee
and an interior plant.  Average watering works and occasional fertilizer is
needed.  Hope this helps.
Phil
Jungle Music
www.junglemusic.net