[Homeroast] what's happening with these beans?

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Sun Jul 24 21:10:30 CDT 2011

Your "Little Havana" may be "accurate" for atmospheric humidity but not for
coffee greens. FWIW greens moisture content is Not 35-45%. The target greens
moisture content is 10% + - a couple %. Mold becomes an issue greens above
12%. And think about it. IF your greens moisture content was say 40%, you'd
experience a corresponding close to 40% weight loss during roasting. Quite
certain ya ain't seeing that.

Here's an H-B discussion on how to actuall measure greens moisture content:
http://www.home-barista.com/home-roasting/measuring-moisture-content-of-gree
n-coffee-t13613.html

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com