[Homeroast] Off Topic: Weight Loss, Was - Fwd: UCLA Study on Alzheimer's

Gregg Talton gregg.talton at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 12:41:13 CDT 2011

<Lurk mode off>
Lynne,

  Coffee has been my diet secret for the past two years.  In May of 2009 I
weighed 385 lbs and could barely walk around my neighborhood.  I suffered
from hypertension and a myriad of other weight related ailments.  So, I
began eating right and as soon as my weight dropped below 300 I began
running.  Today I'm at 220 and will be running in my first half marathon in
five weeks.  I tell people that the secret is coffee... When I'm hungry I
drink a cup or make a machiato. Water and coffee satisfy my hunger - and
there's something therapeutic about the coffee making process that helped me
get through the "hungry times".

Good luck!  As I tell my running buddies... "You've got this".

Gregg

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:28 PM, Joseph Robertson <theotherjo at gmail.com>wrote:

> Wow....
>
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Lynne <lynnebiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks so much, Joseph. The logic of it all is mind-boggling. We need to
> > eat
> > a certain amt of
> > calories, or we gain. So in order to lose, restrict the calories - slowly
> > add exercise, and voila!
> >
> > Weight loss. Too simple to be real. Then when I tracked what I was
> > consuming, made mistakes -
> > then substituted better choices - well, it's actually become easy, esp.
> > with
> > the community help,
> > which I couldn't do without.
> >
> > Now - due to the extra cup of homeroast I had in the afternoon to combat
> > difficulty breathing
> > in this weather (I have asthma, but am so seldom bothered that I forgot
> > refill my inhaler)...
> > I am wide awake!
> >
> > Good strong coffee helps asthma attacks - only side effect (besides extra
> > delicious-ness) - is
> > not being able to sleep, lol.
> >
> > take care -
> >
> > Lynne
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Joseph Robertson <theotherjo at gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Lynne,
> > > Off Topic it may have drifted like our minds with out coffee, but we
> all
> > > need an inspiring story like yours.
> > > Thank you,
> > > Joseph

> > last),
> > > my
> &
> > when

> Tastes

> up
> > &
> > > wheeling

> > > (that

> > > calories,
> > > scale
> rheumy

> found
> > > the
> > > supports

> > do
> > > glucosamine
> the
> > > pain!)...

> life.
> > > Plan
> > > closer
> be

> > > those

> > weight
> much
> > > fun
> > have
> > > so
> > > functioning!

> > theotherjo at gmail.com

> > your
> > make
> > measures.
> > > just

> > > --
> > > Joseph Robertson
> > > Sasquatch Coffee Roasters
> > > Craft Coffee Roasting by Design
> [...]

They say such nice things about people at their funerals that it makes me
sad to realize that I'm going to miss mine by just a few days. - Garrison
Keillor