[Homeroast] Coffee Shrub care

Kevin C ckevinj at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 07:11:48 CDT 2011

My five remaining little coffee shrubs are enduring the heat and drought and doing pretty well. Two are actually doing very well I think. I lost one early on, it was my fault during transplant.

I remember seeing something in someone's signature line that indicated they are a horticulturalist. And, I believe, in the same zone as me.

I'd really like input on how to start prepping them to survive the coming winter. It's a ways off even though we are eager for these 90-100 days to go away, but I want to make sure I do what I can to keep these lovely shrubs viable. Do I prune lower branches or top now, closer to winter, or let them just grow another year?

http://coffeeortech.wordpress.com/2011/07/23/how-does-my-coffee-garden-grow/

-kc