[Homeroast] what's happening with these beans?

Michael Mccandless mcsparky6670 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 18:01:42 CDT 2011

I use tube type Hygrometers like "Little Havana".
Accurate and inexpensive.
SM beans delivered to AZ are usually 35% - 45%.
Too  high humidity runs the risk of an environment conducive to mold growth.
Too dry and I believe the beans roast a little faster.
IIRC 1st crack is caused by H2O expanding.

I use RO water to hydrate.
Store in warm - dry area to dehydrate.

MMc