[Homeroast] what's happening with these beans?

Archeobob archeobob at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 22 16:28:35 CDT 2011

Ivan,

Usually an inexpensive hygrometer will give you a fair indicator
of the humidity in your storage bag/area.

Here in Parker CO we hover around 15-20% and drop below that in
the Fall & Winter. Once upon I time I played with a humidor made
from a beer cooler to keep the beans hydrated, but gave it up
when my stash got too big.

For those in arid areas, humidor instructions here:
http://www.igtc.com/~pmm/tupperdor.html  ... hardest thing to
find was the propylene glycol, until I thought of the cigar
shop!

Bob