[Homeroast] too hot to roast

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Thu Jul 21 20:43:44 CDT 2011

Mr. Chester is using a CCR HotTop, anything but stock. The problem was with
the laptop not the HotTop. I can attest and confirm a CCR HotTop is quite
capable of doing back to back roasts non-stop 6 to 16 hour sessions day
after day for months. Bean there done that with two of 'em simultaneously
while waiting for my USRC 3k to be built back in '07. And Mr. Chester is the
current owner using one of those to highly used and abused CCR HotTops I
hammered for four months daily without a hiccup.

Mike, hope you're able to salvage your last Esmeralda! Obviously you'll give
it a go. I'd try hitting it hard with a high charge temp to compensate for
already partial roast, then slam the brakes approaching 1st for normal
finish.

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/