[Homeroast] what's happening with these beans?

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 16:03:54 CDT 2011

I have run across some beans or roasts where the cracks have been much
quieter then usual.  How do the beans look in terms of the crack (still
shut, opened up) and the chaff?  My experience with dry processed Ethiopia
coffee is that you get a lot of chaff from the roast, was there a lot of
chaff blown off the beans?

Could these have been older or drier beans.  It can be hard to get good
cracks from low-moisture beans.

-Chris