[Homeroast] Syd and Jerry Roaster

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Tue Jul 19 21:10:22 CDT 2011

Very early in my home roasting Journey I "thought" it was a dream roaster.
Nope. It's target market is coffee shops that want to roast their own but
don't want to learn to roast. Like they say, anyone easily trained in
minutes to push the button (and let it do it's thing).

And not saying it doesn't do a "decent" job. Just no way to really make
beans sing.

It's easy to turn beans brown, it's a lifetime Journey to learn to make
beans sing.

A USRC .5k will run a bit more, like $1-1.5k more :) Also be built much more
durable and give you full roast control.

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/

http://themeyers.org/HomeRoast/