[Homeroast] Hot Rod Home Coffee Roasters: The Spirit of Invention, revisited And the elusive 1lber

Jim Gundlach pecanjim at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 19 06:53:04 CDT 2011

Yes, this is especially true for theories of human behavior.  In fact social science researchers use a standard of statistically significant differences, which can be quite small if the sample is large, as the reason to conclude that the data supports, or refutes the theory.  Math phobia is not the only reason people become lawyers but a bright math phobic person is more likely to become an attorney than a physicist. I do believe that if our educators applied Piaget's theory we would be much more mathematically competent.  I even believe our response to Sputnik was to start trying to teach math to younger people and that this has had the opposite effect.

      pecan jim