[Homeroast] Hot Rod Home Coffee Roasters: The Spirit of Invention, revisited And the elusive 1lber

sci scizen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 15:01:25 CDT 2011

This insurance trap is real, I admit. It is stifling innovation across the
board. Nobody will take risk because there are droves of unemployed
attorneys (200K+) hungry to sue anybody. The system encourages it. Enact
"loser pays" legislation and most of this will stop. America, the land of
innovation, will come back from the brink. I see the high level of fear in
all kinds of businesses today and the way they interact with their
customers. Excessive fear of litigation, another ailment grinding our
economy to a halt.

As for the 1lb roaster, I think the QM3 could easily do it with a little
improvement. I insulated my drum heavily and it has no problem doing 300g. A
little more mass and power, with insulation, and slightly larger (say 20%),
and I think it could handle 450g roasts on a 15A circuit (dedicated
preferably). Perhaps a small hose taking exhaust heat and recirculating it
back into the intake would get the heat up to 1lb requirements. I love the
Q.

Ivan