[Homeroast] Yemeni coffee beans.

John M. Howison johnmhowison at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 17:07:59 CDT 2011

When I roast Costa Rican beans to one minute past the end of last
"first crack" they are very uniformly  browned and to my taste produce
a perfect brewed cup.  When I duplicate this treatment,
roast-timewise, for Yemeni Mocha Sharasi,  the beans vary in color
from slightly too-brown to yellow, and to get the best cup I must pick
out and throw away up to a quarter of the beans.  Must those Yemeni
beans be roasted a special way?  I do like an occasional Yemeni cup as
a departure for those "too-perfect" Tarrazus.
Contra muros, mater rubicolla