[Homeroast] Quest M3?

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Sat Jul 16 13:47:37 CDT 2011

Alchemist, besides extra heating element didn't/doesn't your modified Behmor
also have a faster drum motor which would give better bean movement hence
better convection than the anemic 6rpm stock motor?

IIRC your roaster is a custom job with insulated roast chamber. If you
believe it can be duplicated in an efficient, affordable 1lb 110v 15A model,
go for it and sell it! I know, easier said than done. But highly likely IS a
decent market for a $1-$2k 1lb 110V 15A quality roaster. Just gotta wonder
if so why there isn't one out there. Heck there are those supposed 3lb 110V
15A Homer roasters on eBay for $239 etc., not that I'd trust them...

miKe