[Homeroast] Quest M3?

John Nanci john at chocolatealchemy.com
Sat Jul 16 13:06:25 CDT 2011

You are telling that true.

OTOH, I guess why I was wondering out loud is that my roaster is 20
amps (heaters, motor and fan included), is at partial power (60-70%)
when smoke suppression would be needed, and does without effort 1.5
lbs.  1 lb at 15 amps based on that seems more than feasible,
especially one without any safety controls (I mention that because
many of the Behmor's limitation are ETL imposed for general consumer
safety regs).  As it is, I had a modified Behmor on the bench that
does just that.  Extra element when the after burners are off (at the
beginning of the roast), and no temperature limits, and it cranks
through 1 lb in 10-11 minutes on 15 amps.

Not looking for an argument, just musing out loud.

Alchemist John