[Homeroast] Quest M3?

Hank Perkins hankperkins at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 10:53:21 CDT 2011

I agree with Ed here.  The smoke from a pound is huge.

Also, as you approach pulling 15 amps all at once it can stress you
electrical system.  Wiring can get hot, distances from the fuse box
matter, etc.

A one pound Quest would need to be at least 1/2 again as big as the
current version.  That is a big device sitting on a counter where the
exterior temp can exceed 500 degrees.  The Quest is not your average
kitchen appliance.  You leave it alone and it will burn your house
down.  No safety switches here.

Before i bought my Quest, I looked at large volume roasters.  The
BTU's required are substantial and one big reason almost all 1 pound
and larger roasters use gas for heat.  These roasters are much more
costly.  In most cases they require a permanent installation and
dedicated exhaust systems.