[Homeroast] Quest M3?

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Sat Jul 16 10:32:50 CDT 2011

I tend to agree. While a 1lb capacity 110V 15A roaster "can" be made, as
evidenced by the Behmor, just doesn't seem viable with good response or
control at an affordable price point.

Seems theoretically might be possible since a good response 1lb roaster like
the USRC .5k uses a max 5,000 BTU gas burner and 5k BTU = 1464W = 13.3A
@110V, that's just the heater. Add the drum motor, fan and any electronic
controls pushing over the 110V 15A magic number. Now if it was designed with
cutting edge methods that recycle exhaust air back to roasting likely could
be done, but back to affordability.

Slave to the Bean  miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/