[Homeroast] Coffee in L.A.

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Fri Jul 15 13:15:27 CDT 2011

Only the Brazilian Roast thing stuck out for me, oh, and the
revelation by the author that variables of an espresso pull might
result in different flavors. Wow! There is a real thing you can call
Brazil espresso though, low doses, long pulls, and done well it can
be quite good. I mean, in Brazil that is... here I think it would
just be chalked up to a cheap owner pulling long shots.

I'll confess one thing mildly related to that: I have come to really
hate ristretto. it's a headache in a cup for me.

Tom

>I found myself chuckling and shaking my head quite a few times in
>that article.
>
>Tom, why doesn't your roast pictorial guide have a "Brazilian" roast
>level indicator? ;)
>-bry
>
>Bryan Wray
>Compass Coffee

>Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:03 PM
>Subject: Re: [Homeroast] Coffee in L.A.
>
>Nice article, and I appreciate that it has some new small places I
>haven't heard of... thanks for sharing.
>
>Tom
>
>>Hello all-
>>It's been a long time since I've been in Los Angeles, but this is a
>>well written coffee article with some interesting spots to visit-
>>
>>http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la-fo-coffee-scene-20110714,0,5525735.htmlstory
>>
>>Kevin
>>Homeroast community pictures -upload yours!) :
>>http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=7820
>
>--
>-Tom

-Tom