[Homeroast] Coffee in L.A.

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Fri Jul 15 13:08:08 CDT 2011

At 06:43 PM 7/14/2011, you wrote:
>I found myself chuckling and shaking my head quite a few times in
>that article.
>
>Tom, why doesn't your roast pictorial guide have a "Brazilian" roast
>level indicator? ;)

And yet, for an article about coffee it was reasonable and the list
of shops did include mostly ones I've heard good things about. I was
walking home 2 weeks ago having just purchased a medium frozen yogurt
and walked by the door of one of the shops mentioned in the article.
Didn't have a coffee because my hands were full but the shop looked
very promising.  5 station siphon bar, 2 Mazzer grinders with no
hoppers and tampers in their throats, nice 2 group espresso machine,
Fuji Royal grinder for the siphons, and nice collections of old
brewers on display in glass cases. I'll find out how it is later, but
the first glance sure seemed like it might be promising.

Ira