[Homeroast] Cold brewing?

Justin Schwarz houstini at comcast.net
Mon Jul 11 22:52:05 CDT 2011

On Jul 10, 2011, at 9:19 PM, Bryan, Compass Coffee wrote:

>  My girlfriend described it as chocolate and plums.  She has never home roasted, never worked as a barista and never attended a formal cupping.

Don't I remember something about an aroma challenge though?

I am of the school of thought that coffee needs hot water to be extracted properly, cold brews seem to have a medicine aftertaste, possibly that caffeine is water soluable and it is more easily extracted than the coffee itself. my preferred method is to brew strong and add ice as others have suggested.  Or even better yet an iced americano!
-Justin