[Homeroast] Cold brewing?

Bryan, Compass Coffee bryan at compasscoffeeroasting.com
Sun Jul 10 23:19:40 CDT 2011

I've been commercially doing cold brew for nearly a decade and at this point have probably put over 300 coffees to the test.  Everyone has tasted different.  Everyone has tasted like a slightly tweaked version of it's hot brewed counterpart.  If people say there isn't a difference between a quality coffee and a sub-par coffee they are doing something wrong.

Today I had a cold brew of Ritual's "Division" seasonal blend from BARISTA here in Portland.  My girlfriend described it as chocolate and plums.  She has never home roasted, never worked as a barista and never attended a formal cupping.

If that doesn't scream the importance of the coffee's quality to you then I don't know what to tell ya.

Bryan Wray
Compass Coffee
360.831.1480
Bryan at CompassCoffeeRoasting.com

It is my hope that people realize that coffee is more than just a caffeine delivery service, it can be a culinary art- Chris Owens