[Homeroast] OT: 4th of July drool

Lynne lynnebiz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 08:03:44 CDT 2011

Peter, I eat very, very little meat at all - but the ONE thing (regarding
meat) that really tempts me... is... (of course) barbeque.

My two daughters were vegan for various times in their lives (my oldest
`still is). I wanted to attempt to make 'aged' nut cheese - a small company
in NY makes some that is coveted by many), but never did try.

Now smoked cheese... any kind of cheese...  sounds like that would really be
my downfall! Was discussing w/my younger daughter how we both seemed to have
inherited that love (my mom lived for cheddar, I think, lol).

*getting back to homeroast..*

Before I visited my daughter in New Haven I roasted two extra batches for
her & her fiance. Would have been a great gift, bagged in SM's cotton bags -
if I hadn't left it on my bedroom dresser (placed wisely *way* above the
reach of Emma "I will consume everything in my path" the Wonder Dog... [as
in *I Wonder How She Can Eat *{insert food, drink, and/or coffee beans} *and
Not Get Sick*]. Mixed three kinds of greens (don't ask what beans - forgot
in the rush) and... and... and..

drank a great cuppa this morn.

Sigh... well, at least I finally got the roast down right!

hope everyone had a nice fourth - mine was nice & peaceful..

Lynne